MrPets

Did you know that blue green algae is not only toxic to dogs, but also cats and other forms of wildlife too!
It can also have an effect on humans. Some of the symptoms shows by humans include:
Stomach Pains, Headaches and Skin Rashes.

So, what is Blue Green Algae?
Blue Green algae is made up of a group of bacteria called cyanobacteria. When the bacteria are all clumped together, it looks like algae, giving it its name. The most common place to find it is in non-flowing fresh water, especially in the hot and dry summer months, like the ones that we have been having at the moment.
Under no circumstances should dogs be allowed access to water containing this blue green algae, if however, your dog does consume some infected water, some of the side effects seen are vomiting, drooling, difficulty breathing, weakness, fits and diarrhoea. It can also lead to liver failure.

So, what should you do if your dog does swim in or drink water containing the blue green algae?
The answer is simple
CALL YOUR VET IMMEDIATELY
If you have any suspicion that your dog may have had any contact with blue green algae, don’t hesitate, take them to your veterinary clinic. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • Image
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
  • Attributes
  • Custom attributes
  • Custom fields
Click outside to hide the compare bar
Compare
Wishlist 0
Open wishlist page Continue shopping